Thursday, June 19, 2014

Turn an "old" journal page into a beautiful new one!

I know you all are anxious to see the final result of the girl I've posted the other day on Instagram. The truth is that I've been waiting to draw on that journal page, as I'm waiting to paint on the rest of the pages that are not blank. I think the color splash, stencils, stamps or just cleaning the brayer makes the page more interesting and gives depth to the drawing, painting or whatever you add on. And when you work with watercolor, the colors behind show, altering the result.

Here is the page where I started to draw some flowers with a black permanent micro pen:


And I continued with a larger flower that I didn't liked so much at first, but then it started to look amazing when I added the face:


And look at it! The page already looking pretty good, isn't it?
But wait, I had to continue adding more color until I could add water to it, so here is how I did it:


Here is when I started to really really love it! Her hair growing longer and the combination with the flower on her neck and face give her a mysterious look. And the locks of hair - just a suggestion to how her hair looks like and how long is it.



But the fun is only now about to start, because this is the moment when I added water and all the colors turned to magnificent creations! Oh, how I love these ink pencils! Inktense pencils from Derwent are delicious to try. Chocolate of art supplies or maybe a chocolate cake. But to define this drawing/painting I had to make use of my neocolor 2 watersoluble crayons for the white of the eyes...


And after more layers of color on her face, I came with this result. I'm not really sure if this is it, because her hair looks a little bit incomplete, but hey, I don't want to add too much color on her hair and make it look too busy to the eye. I shall see! But for now, I just LOVE LOVE her look! 
As I said, I've used neocolor2 for the white of the eyes, which is not really white, but a light cream called light lemon yellow. In my opinion, this color has nothing to do with what you think when reading lemon yellow, it's rather a very light cream - like vanilla white - than a lemon yellow.

Well, that's is it. I'll leave you enjoy it. 

See you soon!
Much love,
Cristina

12 comments:

  1. This is really gorgeous. I love the colors. If you would like to enter our challenge please provide a link in your post. Thanks! The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning page and thanks for sharing your process! The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful page - I love watching the progression of the page - thanks for sharing that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you fro the visit, dear Renee ! I love to keep tracking my page progress so I can see how it turns after every layer I add!

      Delete
  4. I just love this. I have a lot of old journal pages that need to be finished, and this is a great idea and inspiration! I will have to try it myself. Thanks for playing along with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, go for it, dear Lynn! Those old pages are waiting for you to bring them to life! ;) And I would love to see the result of it, please come back with a link so I can see!
      Hugs xox

      Delete
  5. this came together so beautifully... really impressed...xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tracey! That coming from you means a lot. I admire your creations for some time now since I have added you to Google+ Circles. You pages are so colorful and joyful! :)
      Hugs xox

      Delete
  6. beautiful page, cristina! i remember seeing your photos on IG and I love coming here to see all the details of how she was created! i love her! Thank you so much for getting inky with us at the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!
    -Rachel
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to share the progress of my creations, dear Rachel! It helps me to see how I grow and others for inspiration! Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete

Wanna share a beautiful thought with me? Drop a line below and let me know what's on your mind!